Bihar Rural Livelihoods Promotion Society (BRLPS) is an independent society set up by the Government of Bihar and supported by the World Bank. The BRLPS is implementing JEEViKA - Bihar Rural Livelihoods Project with the objective of enhancing the social and economic empowerment of the rural poor in Bihar.
To enhance the social and economic empowerment of the rural poor by :
- Creating self managed community institutions of participating households.
- Enhancing income through sustainable livelihoods.
- Increasing access to social protection including food security by enabling the rural poor to articulate a more effective voice in the implementation of such schemes.
- The core strategy of the programme is to build vibrant community institutions of women, which through member saving, internal loaning, regular repayment and economic activities become self managed institutions.
- The focus is on a demand driven approach for community participation and ownership in implementation.
- The self help groups (SHGs), the primary level community organization, will be federated at the higher level to become social service providers, business entities and valued clients of the banking system.
- The financing strategy will be based on a robust financial model where the community organization will revolve leveraged funds from various sources rather than from just a single dose subsidy.
- Develop social capital for strengthening and sustaining the community organisations.
- The project in its geographical area of operation will work on the saturation approach taking in the Project fold all poor.
The project in its first phase of five years envisages covering :
- 5,00,000 Families
- 4,000 Villages
- 44 Blocks
- 8 Districts viz. Nalanda, Gaya, Khagaria, Muzaffarpur, Madhubani,Purnia,Supaul and Madhepura.
The Project will be implemented by Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (BRLPS) which has been established as an independent and autonomous institution by the Goverment of Bihar. The Project will establish State, District and Block level units for managing and implementing the project.
State Project Management Unit
BIHAR RURAL LIVELIHOODS PROMOTION SOCIETY
Vidyut Bhawan, Annexe-II, 1st & 2nd Floor (Southern Wing)
Bailey Road Patna-800 001, Bihar
Phone No: 0612-2504980, Mail us at: email@example.com
State Project Management Unit (Extension Office)
5th Floor, Biscuman Bhawan,
Gandhi Maidan, Patna– 800 001